Rejuvination is key for a Go-Getta!
Whew- The winter is almost over. If you re anything like me you planned and prepped to give the perfect and most thoughtful gifts, create the most delicious meals and make your family as comfortable as possible. Now what?! Well, were , deep into the new year, so what about YOU??!
Yes – YOU, it is so important to take time to Relax, Release and Rejuvenate ourselves. As millennials we wear many hats, it’s vital to stop and take care of you. Don’t think expensive spa (although that is always a great option when you can) - think homemade foot soak, face mask and aromatherapy and great conversation.
RELAX- Take it easy girl! All things work for the good of those that LOVE the LORD. Now that we know HE is in control we can stop and think. Relaxation doesn’t always mean sleeping or turning off our brain and watching TV, relaxation can and should include physical activity such as yoga or , 30 min brisk walking it gets your heart rate moving, your thighs in motion and you will burn that holiday fat we swear we are going to lose by bathing suit season. Locally we have a great Yoga studio created to help you do just that RELAX and meditate on the future God has planned for you- O Yoga studio www.Oyogastudio.com .
RELEASE- I have one simple solution to this form of self help- PRAYER! Spending quality time in prayer, talking and listening is the first form of release, allowing us to make room for the other things we have coming our way on a daily basis. There are 3 parts of prayer that are important to remember- Say Thank you! First and foremost be thankful for where you are, where you have come from and where you are going. Secondly make your request known to God. He yearns to hear the desires of your heart and wants you to say what you want. Release things of old like habits, forms of speech and mental strongholds , Lastly you must listen- prepare your heart and quite your mind to hear what HE has to say to you. I told you there would be great conversation. The great thing about prayer is you can do it anywhere and what better place than at Spa at 500 www.thespaat500.com , you can use the Sauna room and Jacuzzi for $20.00. Tell them Lauren sent you!
REJUVINATE- This is where you pamper yourself. Here comes the DIY- simple and fresh ingredients to help you GLOW, girl. We all know that a great soak in a bubble bath can transport us to a different place. By adding a few more steps into this routine you will be GLOWING in no time. Exfoliating your skin can literally rejuvenate you by removing all the dead and dry dirt that builds up over time from lotions, oils and makeup. Using your sense of smell is also a way to awaken your other senses. For example Peppermint oil aides in ease of asthma, migraines, muscle and joint pain. Lavender helps with Anxiety, Acne and Circulatory problems. Go to www.aworldofaromatherapy.com to see the complete list of oils you can add to a bath or facial steam that is good for body and soul. While soaking try reading: Dr. Cindy Trimm’s book Commanding your Morning (not just for mornings) is a fantastic read to help set the tone for a better you!
Being the best version of you is what the world needs- if you remember to make time to Relax, Release and Rejuvenate as often as needed you can maintain your GLOW while wearing your many hats, or aprons!
Owner, Orchid Affairs
Here are a few tips and tricks for some at home rejuvenation:
Sweet and Spicy Brown Sugar Polish
This scrub is a true sensory delight. The stimulating aroma subtly lingers long after the sugar has been washed away, this is a particularly inviting scrub, providing effective exfoliation and deeply moisturizing smoothness to skin
What you will need…
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 cup white granulated sugar
¾ cup almond, soybeans, hazelnut, or macadamia nut base oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon, powdered
2 teaspoons ginger, powdered
2 teaspoons nutmeg, powdered
40 drops cardamom essential oil
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients except the essential oil. Using a whisk, blend ingredients thoroughly, making sure to break up any lumps of brown sugar or spice. Add the essential oil drop by drop, blending after each addition.
Spoon into a storage container with a tight-fitting lid.
Massage approximately ¼ to ½ cup of scrub onto pre-moistened skin using circular motions. Rinse
At Home Facial with a soothing Orange Greek Yogurt Facial Mask
What you will need...
· gentle facial cleanser
· exfoliating scrub
· face mask (clay-based for oily skin, cream or gel mask for dry skin)
· face moisturizer
1. Clean. Remove all makeup and then wash your face, neck and ears with a good facial cleanser.
2. Exfoliate. Using your fingers gently rub an exfoliating facial scrub in small circular motions all over your face. Make sure you focus on areas around your nose and forehead. If certain areas of your face are oilier than others, give that section an extra scrub.
3. Steam. There are a few ways to steam your face (over the stove, using a steamer), but the safest way is to do the washcloth trick. Fill your sink with warm water and soak a washcloth in it. Ring out the towel and then press it to your face. Repeat this 2 to 3 times.
4. Mask. If you have oily skin, use a clay mask. For dry skin, I suggest using a hydrating cream or gel mask. Depending on the mask, leave it on for the suggested amount of time and then rinse completely. Making your own mask is very easy. An orange and yogurt mask is especially simple. Mix 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt with the juice of about one fourth of an orange. Spread the mixture evenly over your face and rinse after 5 to 10 minutes.)
5. Hydrate. Last by not least, moisturize! Smooth a nice, thick moisturizer over your face and neck.